Thrive NC Community Partners
[/mk_fancy_title][mk_fancy_title size=”18″ font_family=”none”]In an effort to address food system issues in our community, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is supporting several local charitable organizations that align with the mission of Thrive NC presented by Blue Cross NC.
- A Place at the Table, a ‘pay what you can’ restaurant in Raleigh, will provide 20 fresh, healthy meals per day over the next 365 days to those in need in our community.
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, in partnership with the Durham Bulls and Bland Landscaping, is installing an edible ‘Victory Garden’ at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The garden will produce over 1,000 lbs. of produce this season.
- Raleigh City Farm is planning a new Community Pavilion that will increase engagement and education opportunities related to urban agriculture.
- The North Carolina Jr. Chef Competition will inspire the next generation of culinary professionals from North Carolina, using local ingredients to create healthy recipes.
- The Child Care Services Association will purchase a new commercial-grade food chopper. The new equipment will help prepare fresh produce for meals to over 500 children covering 11 child care centers in Orange County.
- The Conetoe Family Life Center is building a new on-farm teaching kitchen. This kitchen will be used in the after-school program, which serves 50 children, 5 days a week, throughout the 180 day school year; in the summer program which serves up to 100 children for 10-12 weeks during the summer; as well as other on-farm events.
- Center for Environmental Farming System’s will host the Farm to Fork Picnic, a fundraiser for the Farm Apprenticeship Program – a hands-on work and study program that trains participants in sustainable agriculture production, education and research.
- The James Beard Foundation, in conjunction with the JBF Impact Programs will create and produce educational programming at Thrive NC. The JBF Impact Programs are committed to establishing a more sustainable food system through education, advocacy and thought leadership.
- Ticket proceeds from the Thrive NC Festival (May 10 and 11) will benefit the Center for Environmental Farming Systems, Future Farmers of America and the Downtown Raleigh Farmers Market.
[/mk_fancy_title][mk_button size=”xx-large” url=”https://gothrivenc.com/festival/” align=”center” bg_color=”#23577f”]BUY TICKETS[/mk_button]